Boss Hog® Frac Plugs Cut Project Time and Costs in Haynesville Shale
A global oil and gas company operating in the Haynesville Shale wanted to reduce cost, time, and risk in multi-stage, extended-reach lateral completions. With previous completions as a benchmark, the company wanted to:
- Provide an efficient, multi-stage completion solution that reduces over-flushing on pumpdowns
- Eliminate premature frac plug settings
- Effectively seal in the extreme well environment exceeding 350°F
- Minimize drillout time and risk
WellBoss proposed using the Boss Hog® composite frac plug with the HELISEAL® Fluid Propulsion System, equipped with a one-piece lower slip and composite upper slip.
The HELISEAL® design allows for a no-resistance free fall in the vertical section of the well and provides an inflated surface area allowing horizontal pumpdown with less fluid use and a faster run rate. The patented, one-piece lower slip is pre-segmented to prevent presets and allows the operator to maintain isolation and pressures exceeding 15,000 PSI and temperatures above 350°F. The composite upper slip with non-carbide inserts circulate to the surface, along with the small cuttings when the plugs are drilled out.
- 43% more efficient pumpdown fluid
- 218,000 gallons of fluid saved between two wells
- Only 3.3 barrels of fluid per 100 feet used
Let’s Get to Work.
That well won’t complete itself. Tell us more about your completions needs and well environment, and we can provide our best recommendations.Contact Us