Head-to-Head Frac Plug Comparison in Northern Colorado
An operator in Northern Colorado’s Rocky Mountain region wanted to move from using a conventional plug design to one that was more efficient and would address the following:
- Reduce plug presets
- Reduce fluid usage getting plug-and-perf gun strings downhole
- Reduce excessive material on drillout (common to longer plugs)
WellBoss proposed using the Boss Hog® ball-drop frac plug system with several risk- and cost-reducing features, including:
- One-piece composite top slip constructed to avoid breakage and presets constructed of carbide-free and ceramic-free mild steel buttons that hold firm, prevent casing damage, and drill out easier than competitor plugs.
- The HELISEAL® fluid control system captures fluid while the plug is pumped down, enabling plugs to be run at speeds up to 900 ft/min while pumping at just 8 bbl/min, even in long lateral sections. Boss Hog plugs use 40% less water to deploy plugs and perforating guns than competitive plug designs.
- The one-piece lower slip, manufactured from a proprietary cast blend, holds more than 15,000 psi pressure, is segmented to make it easy and quick to drill out with minimal casing damage, and prevents presets.
- 40% reduction in pumpdown fluid volume
- 50% faster plug deployment than the competition
- 12-hour completion time and pumpdown fluid reduction translating into $180,000 savings for the operator
Let’s Get to Work.
That well won’t complete itself. Tell us more about your completions needs and well environment, and we can provide our best recommendations.Contact Us