Boss Hybrid Plug Head-to-Head in the Utica Shale
A large E&P operator in the Marcellus/Utica shale play wanted an alternative to the conventional plug design they had been using. They were specifically looking for a frac plug that could:
- Make operations more cost-efficient
- Run without presets
- Increase drillout efficiencies
Since water efficiency was not a concern of the operator, WellBoss proposed using the Boss Hybrid composite frac plug because it is considerably less expensive.
In addition to approaching WellBoss, the E&P operator divided a four-pad well in half so it could evaluate our plug against another competitor at the same time.
- 8.5-minute drill time per plug
- 40% less debris (mill) produced than competitor plug
- 500 fpm ~4.75 bbl/100′ achieved higher speeds during pumpdown while using less fluid than past provider and current competitor