Zone Starter Toe Sleeve Successful Openings 11-Months After Install
A large operator in the Marcellus/Utica had drilled multiple DUC’s with WellBoss Zone Starter Cycling Toe Sleeves, which were uncompleted for 11+ months. When going in to open these tools the operator was looking for the following:
- Perform casing integrity test at 9,500 psi for 30 mins.
- Fully open after cycling pressure and achieve
- Initiate formation injection
Zone Starters are designed with reliability in mind! Wellbore conditions such as: temperature, casing fluids gasses and cement are variables that can impede the functioning of a toe sleeve. By incorporating coatings to moving parts, specialized greases, reliable/redundant sealing mechanisms and fit for purpose metal selections, operators can have confidence in opening Zone Starters
Installation Date: July 17, 2019
Opening Date: May 3, 2020
- 09:52 hrs: Start Stage 1 Toe pop – PT Csg to 9,900 psi for 30 min good test, 1st Cycle
- 10:28 hrs: Bleed to 0 psi – 5 min
- 10:51 2nd cycle Pressure to 9,900– 5 min
- 10:57 hrs: Bleed to 0 psi – 5 min
- 11:11 hrs: Toe opened @ 5,059 psi. Injected 40 bbls @ 8 bpm x 6,400 psi.